Improve your English conversation skills and gain the confidence to speak clearly and fluently in everyday life situations.
The CCLS American Conversation Skills Program offers:
■ Small-group classes: Students will work closely with our experienced English language instructors in groups of three to six students.
■ Individualized learning: Our instructors will adjust the syllabus and class activities to the specific level and language learning needs of each student.
■ Interactive classrooms: Students will have opportunities to practice interactions in a variety of situations relevant to their real lives through class discussions, role plays, presentations, and partner interviews.
■ Course includes comprehensive coverage of grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation practice, idiomatic usage, and American culture.
CCLS American Conversation Skills is a 48-hour (12 week) course.
Students will work with an assigned textbook, as well as additional materials distributed by the instructor in class.
RESULTSBy the end of this 48-hour course, students will be able to:
- Establish and maintain direct conversation and communication with native speakers of English
- Employ strategies for communicating effectively in a variety of social situations
- Ask clear, simple questions
- Express opinions and support their statements
- Clarify misunderstandings
- Use American sayings and idiomatic expressions
- Maintain a better understanding of American culture